Sunday, January 29, 2006

it's now been a week since my salon/concert/dinner and that week has flown by! the salon was wonderful and as usual the combination of people wine music and food was magical. each one seems to get better than the last and part of that for me is my performing has become more sure and confident. my fall tour tour didi a lot for me on that account and i suspect that i will feel the benefit of that time for a long time to come.

the salon was to raise some cash for my upcoming stay in banff starting later in february. I will concentrate on my skuld project there and will involve music and text making as well as a fair bit of trad/primitive material arts stuff like: arrow making, a lot of working with hides and real sinew, maybe some bronze casting if i can arrange it at the banff centre. i hope to do a lot of wondering in the woods and try to build my tracking knowledge and undurstanding of wild plants.

the skuld project is evolving and is becoming clear to me that i will go into the bush for extended time periods to learn to live off only what that land gives. eventually i hope to go for 2 or 3 month periods at a time in different seasons and will start with a day or two expand that to maybe a week this year an so on. i'm giving myself a good 2 years to try and collect the knowledge that i will need. i have a strong sense that we have beeen betrayed by our world in so many ways and the loss of this understanding i talk about is a big one for me.

speaking of betrayal .. i'm just finishing the recorded music for Julia Sasso's The Betrayal Project. it has been a fantastic process. the dance is fabulous and i love what i've made for it. fist show this tuesday. in the theatre tomorrow.

soon i will have my eastern tour notes up. better do it before it completly reforms in my brain. lots of high lights on that one like 6 days in NYC, more than a week in montreal, 9 days of wildly variable weather in the wild mountains in N. new brunswick where i made a wigwam and ended with an incredible, inspiring week at a friends farm near the bay of fundy with some of the best gigs of the whole 3 months.

No comments: